+ Wetzel Student Scholarship Program
Deadline for all applications is December 31
Wetzel Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Wetzel Scholarship Program is to expose osteopathic students to organized medicine and develop future leaders for the osteopathic profession. Historically, two students from Missouri osteopathic colleges are awarded the William L. Wetzel Scholarship each year. These students must exhibit exceptional academic skills, as well as initiative indicating future involvement in organized medicine.
- be a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year student in a Missouri osteopathic college,
- demonstrate an intent to practice in Missouri,
- be willing to attend and participate in all required meetings at the annual osteopathic convention,
- utilize the funding for educational expenses and to attend the annual meeting,
- be in good academic standing
- demonstrate a commitment to the profession,
- demonstrate leadership skills,
- be willing to serve as an associate member on the Wetzel Scholarship Committee,
- be willing, on request, to present at the annual meeting during post-graduate training,
- be a MAOPS member in good standing
- demonstrate and maintain ethical behavior, professionalism, integrity, and be of good moral character.
- $3,000 per year while in medical school as long as the recipient continues to meet all expectations.
- $1,500 per year during the first three years of post-graduate training with the opportunity for an extension.
- Room and meal ticket package at the Missouri Osteopathic Annual Convention.
- Registration for the Missouri Osteopathic Annual Convention.
The applicant must:
- complete and submit an ONLINE application by December 31.
- be present for an ONSITE interview if selected as a FINALIST.