As an American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accredited provider of continuing medical education (CME) activities, MAOPS may jointly provide CME activities with non-accredited CME providers for either AOA Category 1-A credit, AMA PRA-1 credit, or both.
MAOPS, as accredited provider will:
- Ensure the CME provider understands and complies with the AOA and/or ACCME standards for any medical education activity,
- Will maintain records and provide them to the AOA and/or ACCME if selected for audit,
- Will report AOA credits to the AOA on behalf of the CME provider,
- Will submit activities into PARS as ACCME accreditor, and
- MAOPS will serve as a consultant for the non-accredited CME provider as it relates to real or potential conflicts of interest of planning members, faculty or sponsors
If your organization is interested in seeking AOA and/or ACCME accreditation for your medical education activity, please contact MAOPS to discuss a joint providership relationship. Your point of contact is Chris Bowles, Associate Executive Director and you can reach Chris by phone at MAOPS at 573-634-3415 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.