The Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (MAOPS) William L. Wetzel Fellowship Program was created to expose osteopathic post-graduates to organized medicine and to develop future MAOPS leaders. Recipients must demonstrate an intent to practice medicine in Missouri, a commitment to the profession, leadership skills, ethical behavior, professionalism, integrity, and good moral character.
MAOPS Wetzel Fellows
Tessa Tolen, DO (Candidate)
Michelle Helton, DO
Jordan Palmer, DO
Jared Nichols, DO
- All expenses, within reason, will be paid for activities related to completion of the Wetzel Fellowship.
- $5,000 upon completion of the Wetzel Fellowship requirements and upon establishment of permanent, full-time practice in the state of Missouri.
- Wetzel Fellows will receive a plaque commemorating their achievement.
- Wetzel Fellows will be recognized on a plaque at the MAOPS Central Office upon completion of the Wetzel Fellowship Program.
- Completion of the standard Wetzel Fellowship Application.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation with one being from their postgraduate program director (4th year medical students should apply only after program selection).
- MAOPS postgraduate membership is required.
- Interview with the MAOPS Leadership Development Committee (LDC).
Annual Requirement Checklist
- Applicants should be osteopathic postgraduate physicians intending to practice in Missouri.
- Each Wetzel Fellow will have two years to complete the program requirements. However, discernible progress must be made each year once the program is started.
- View the annual requirements checklist HERE.